Today was a great day! I discovered a great new recipe that I am dying to share with you all. Now, this isn’t your typical ah-mazing recipe… it’s meant to be easy, simple and no-thinking-allowed type of thing. In fact, I think anyone and everyone can make this one.
I’ve always loved one-pot recipes. So when I realized that I was planning to have chicken and kale for lunch today, an idea struck: why not make it the easiest recipe ever?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Cuban sofrito
- 3 ounces chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Over medium-high heat, start by quickly warming the Cuban sofrito in the olive oil.
- Add in the chicken, garlic powder, thyme powder and salt & pepper.
- Stir and cook the chicken until it is done, about five minutes.
- Once chicken is ready, add in the kale, parsley and lemon juice.
- Cook the chicken and veggies until the kale has softened, about another five minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt & pepper if necessary. Then serve!
The rest of my day wasn’t particularly eventful. Although I had a fantastic lunch with my one-pot meal, I ended up being so full that I wasn’t very hungry for dinner. Instead, I simply snacked on some cashews and a Granny Smith apple. Hey, if I’m not hungry, I’m not hungry, right? Not much else to do.
Other than that, I had a great time looking through photos from last night. You see, I went to the Triscuit #MakersofMore launch of Martha Stewart’s flavor of cracker: Triscuit toasted coconut and sea salt. It was really exciting, and I can’t wait to share more about this with you next week. The only sad part was that I wasn’t able to actually taste the crackers myself. You know, Whole30 and all… But it’s okay. I have a box and I’ll be able to taste them once I am done with Whole30 and everything.
In the meantime, I can’t wait to cook more in the next few weeks!