The past weekend has been a really good one for me. I celebrated Thanksgiving with dear friends and even made the feast’s turkey for the second year in a row. And I didn’t completely overdo it, to boot!
But I have to admit: although I did a pretty decent job of cutting calories this Thanksgiving, and will continue to practice (mostly) healthy eating, I also rejoined Weight Watchers on Friday. I did so for a variety of reasons but the main one definitely being that tracking my eating and exercise, even on days that I overdo it, is still a good way for me to see what is really going into my body. That’s why I decided to start this week with my very berry “mojito” smoothie for breakfast.
I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago and decided to make an even bigger batch for this post-Thanksgiving period. Enjoying a nice, easy and very healthy breakfast is a great way to start the day. The antioxidants from the berries and the protein from the Greek yogurt, along with the extra flavoring from the mint, make this a favorite of mine. Plus, I love making a huge batch of it and enjoying it for weeks to come. Just think: breakfast that you don’t need to think about making! It’s all ready for you and it will make your life healthy.
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 10 ounces frozen blueberries
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries
- 10 ounces frozen blackberries
- 16 ounce 100% raw coconut water
- 1 (35 ounce) 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch mint leaves, chopped
- 4 cups water (as needed)
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed berries and yogurt. Pour half the mixture, along with half of the coconut water and half of the Greek yogurt, into a blender. Add half of the chopped mint leaves, then 1 cup of water. Blend until smoothing, adding up to a second cup of water as you go until the mixture is smooth. Repeat with the second half. Finally, pour the smoothie into jugs and serve accordingly.
How are you recovering after the Thanksgiving weekend?
Want more Healthy Latin Food? Follow me on Twitter and Instagram, become a fan on Facebook, or sign up to receive e-mail updates. And if you have any questions about cooking healthy or weight loss, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me. Thanks for reading!